View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo View Post
Here's my solo acoustic instrumental arrangement of the George Harrison composition "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Appears on The Beatles' 1968 "White Album," of course, with classic uncredited lead electric guitar work by Eric Clapton (that is to say, not formally credited on the album).

An interesting sidelight here is that while McCartney actually composed that memorable intro, he gets no official writing credit because it's part of an arrangement. Too, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is the B-side to the 45rpm Beatles single "Ob-la-di Ob-la-da" (also from "The White Album")--an A-side that went #1 in five countries (Australia, Austria, West Germany, New Zealand, and Switzerland)--though mysteriously they never released it as a single in Britain or the US in 1968. Eight years later, though, "Ob-la-di Ob-la-da" is re-released and goes #49 (US Billboard), #47 (US Cashbox), and #75 (US Record World), with "Julia" as an uncharted B-side; the only other country it charted in that year was Canada (#19).

I'm playing a 1976 Martin D-35:

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
very nice!