View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 10:19 PM

Buy a Martin build it yourself kit from GC or MF with like a discount code. I usually buy mine on 20% off.

You can use simple tools and make your own jigs etc from scrap wood and stuff lying around.

I made one kit in the back of my kitchen ( I live in an apartment with only a small laundry/ yard space 1/4 the size of a small garage) portable workbench, which I lave a quartz slab which is slightly bigger than the guitar's sound box.

tools can be bought online for cheap for stuff that doesn't matter much.

good money should be spent on a laminate router to cut binding channels, as well as the router bit and bearings for spacing.

the rest is up to you to problem solve and create solutions. At least you are in a country with a home depot where you can buy wood, or materials. I live in a country with 0 DIY culture, so, I have to scrounge through shops from metal works to art shops to get what I need.

The internet has a bevy of information just open to you to learn from adopt solutions from etc.

no mold? build your own etc. I made a mold by gluing wooden blocks to a piece of plywood, and used the underside of my dining table and some extendable curtain rods as go bar deck and go bar rods. ( I could only find multi coloured curtain rods, so my friend said it looked like a carousell for fairies.

You can save quite a bit of money if you are quite good at problem solving.
Martin Dreadnought Jr 2A
Fender Stratocaster H-S-S