View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Koh View Post
. . . . For a couch guitar, I think nothing beats the x7 at the price. For performance, I'll go for the Rainsong. If I'm in the market for either one, I will take the x7 first. I can always let go of it without making a loss if I lose interest with it. The Rainsong to me is more of a professional music tool, at a price that you seriously need to play hard to decide. The x7 falls into the hobbyist category, you won't feel the pain even if you couldn't sell it away. And I bet you will not want to sell it when you get one. . . . .
On the MacNichol forum, we had a member who was a pro making his living traveling and playing throughout Europe with his X7. I don't know if he is on the AGF forum or not. That he specifically chose the X7 for his work I think would indicate it is indeed a "professional music tool"--but at a price that a hobbyist can feel comfortable with. Best of both worlds.

From my perspective, the X7 is simply an incredible value that many people overlook. Pricing something higher doesn't make it necessarily or automatically "better".

The Rainsong Parlor is a nice guitar and so is the X7. It depends on the factors that are most important to you. For me, the two bevels, the size, the offset soundhole, the scale length, one piece body construction, integrated bridge and the tone--all appeal to me, and for the price, I'm thrilled with mine.

When you commented on the X7, "And I bet you will not want to sell it when you get one." I can say I totally agree. It's definitely a keeper for me.