View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 03:42 AM

Ok, time for some input here.

I have played them both, not side by side though.

I felt the x7-OS more form fitting to the body. The P12 with a smaller upper bout, stay lower from chest level when seated. Differences in scale length is not dramatic. I like centre soundhole guitars which I think projection is louder as compared to offset soundhole. But will I take the P12 because of the traditionally positioned soundhole? Well, that depends on what I want to do with the guitar.

For a couch guitar, I think nothing beats the x7 at the price. For performance, I'll go for the Rainsong. If I'm in the market for either one, I will take the x7 first. I can always let go of it without making a loss if I lose interest with it. The Rainsong to me is more of a professional music tool, at a price that you seriously need to play hard to decide. The x7 falls into the hobbyist category, you won't feel the pain even if you couldn't sell it away. And I bet you will not want to sell it when you get one.

A word of caution for CF guitar purchase - please try to play as many guitars to compare, even if they are the same model. The thickness of the CF soundboard makes a huge difference in the sound. I have tried two P12 and one is louder and more open than the other. I have two Emerald T8, and they sound different too. Really.