View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 03:09 PM

As far as appearance goes, I doubt that is stopping anyone from purchasing a CF guitar. I purchased my first one almost 14-yars ago out of necessity, a Rainsong OM1000 at my local GC. We had just bought our vacation home in the local mountains and I found that wood guitars didn't do well with the 12% humidity up there, so I decided to buy something I wouldn't have to worry about. Other than the color, the Rainsong had a nice traditional look and feel, as well as great tone and playability so I was sold. The kid who wrote me up was kind enough to reminded me that I could buy a really nice wood guitar for the same $2000 plus price but I told him I have plenty of wood guitars and handed him my Amex. Once I had the OM1000 for a while I began to appreciate the qualities of CF more and more and some time later I added a Blackbird Rider to my stable.

Although I haven't lost my passion for the look and tonal qualities of wood guitars, I really appreciate what CF has to offer and I'm almost at a point where if forced to chose just one guitar, it might have to be a CF acoustic.