View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbuck View Post
As a player who has never played a CF guitar, I like to try one, but never been in a music store where they were available.

That said, I would have to sound better to me that a traditional Gibson/Martin/Taylor for me to consider buying one. I know that "beauty is in thee eye of the beholder", and the CF guitars I've seen look rather industrial and ugly. Wood guitars have that natural organic look that blends well with the idea of making music as opposed to just making noise.
Really? Of course, you're entitled to your view, but it causes me to wonder if you've seen the range of offerings among the builders.

Below is my Emerald doubleneck. Perhaps the exposed CF weave is too "industrial" looking for your taste, but with Emerald, the finish almost has a 3D effect which is waaay cool. Imo, beyond its great looks, at 5 lbs., 3.5" thick, well-balanced and rock-solid, this guitar is but one example where CF does what wood does not do well at all. There are a range of finishes applied to CF guitars, including fine wood veneers fused with the CF. If you haven't seen many, I encourage you to look more closely.