View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCROTTY View Post
People have their brand and tone preferences. Yamaha gets a ton of well deserved love here, and their higher end stuff is exceptional quality. Those that like the tone and the brand will argue its as good as any other quality manufacturer - this is also my opinion.

Yamaha's price points at every level are very competitive, or better, than the US manufacturers. This value for money, in my opinion, causes many to have a lower quality perception of the higher end Yamahas. Others will argue they would rather have a Taylor, Martin or Gibson when spending the larger dollar amounts at the high end. It really depends on what you are after.

I have an LL16 - I have not played anything higher than that. Build quality and tone, even at what I consider a moderate level with the LL, is every bit as worthy as any other large manufacturer in the same range. If you like the tone of these guitars, the build quality is as good or better than anyone else in the world.

Like every other comparative discussion on here, it comes down to tone and brand preferences. These high end Yamaha models are hard to get your hands on in the US so many people do not have firsthand experience with them, so the responses you get should be digested with this in mind.
Well said man...so true...
2019 PRS Silver Sky