View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

I stopped by and got help and advice from Bruce on fixing a Craigslist double bass, but by the time he’d helped get the tone bar length tweaked, the bridge modified and string spacing re-done, and adjusted the nut and reviewed the repairs I’d have to do at home, I didn’t get a chance to play the braz OM, which was one of the reasons I’d stopped by! The koa 000 I have mentioned a couple of times, and is an absolutely amazing guitar - I wish I could trade in one of my other Sexauers towards it, but then I’d be without one of the guitars I already love so much - anyone who has an opportunity to play or purchase these would be an extremely happy (and lucky!) camper -

Bruce is in extremely good hands - he has a family that will be there for him and I am very confident he will be back in the shop before long (probably sooner than his doctors advise), and I can’t wait to see how productive he’ll be once he’s firing on all cylinders! I predict that next year the Sexauer custom shop thread will have to be re-started 4 times over because of all the instruments he’ll be building - Plus, we hope to once again be sending some of those updates from exotic european locations for a short time!

Anxiously awaiting your first post-op post, my friend!