View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 08:17 AM

It's the downside of technology, Todd. Back in the "good old days", you exchanged multiple calls, then rounds of photos and letters by snail mail. All details nailed down, then you mailed off your check and written order, then waited in total ignorance until one day the package magically arrived. Of course, Emerald could not have existed as-is with that business model. Times have changed, bringing the good and the not-so-good.

I do feel your pain. I ordered a custom shop Martin in 1990. When Elderly Instruments finally called me to say they had it (after seven months) I immediately opted to upgrade to UPS Blue Label 2-day shipping. No way was I going to wait a week while my new baby bounced around in the back of a UPS semi-truck cross country on Highway 80 from Lansing to NorCal. And that was back before we were so paranoid about humidity and temperature en route - the days of blissful ignorance. At least that isn't an issue with carbon fiber. Odds are it will still be in tune when it arrives from Ireland.

Good luck with the [hopefully short] remaining wait! I won't taunt you like Evan does.