View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H165 View Post
Agree.
Remove fretboard. Take apart neck (completely), straighten neck. If not adjustable truss rod, re-fasten reinforcement bar (I use filled epoxy). Profile neck (optional - before or after re-installing fretboard). Re-install fret board. Refinish neck if required. Take off back. If it's a 5-brace back, remove (eliminate) rearmost back brace. CAREFULLY confirm strength of glue joints on all braces. If low, remove and re-glue. Otherwise, profile the back braces. Profile the top braces. Trim to proper size or replace bridgeplate. Add Kimsey brace. Add K&K. Re-assemble body. Replace bridge with pin style. Add headstock veneer (option). Add binding (option). Add inlay (option). Set neck. Install new tuners, nut, and saddle. Dress frets. String. Complete set up. Play on.

Just curious what you re-profile the necks to? I would like to shave the neck on my Harmony as it's really bulky. Also....do you eliminate the rear-most brace only if you are converting the top bracing to X? I left the ladder bracing in place on mine but thought the rear-most back brace was overkill. It was also extremely difficult to glue back in place through the soundhole.