View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Default My Experience so far

Well though I've had mine for a while, due to re-balancing and reducing my number of guitars to what I find ideal and be able to play the remaining ones on a regular basis I haven't put a lot of time in with it.

But I've played it enough to get to know it. My primarily vocal accompaniment guitars are tuned down a half step which, with use of a capo, give me a range of keys that suit my repertory of songs.

When I was offered the guitar by Drew the nut/saddle and bridge had yet to be added so we had the chance to set it up exactly for my needs. I usually use mediums when tuned down and Drew did the calculations to approve the tension was in the correct range. He then spend a lot of time doing the intonation for open, capo 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th frets. He nailed it better than any others I have had.

After putting some hours of play on it I felt the mediums were "restraining" the lower end. So I switched to lights and got the 6th string clarity I desired. I did go to a 13 1st string. The intonation didn't change one bit, correct all the way up to the 15th fret which is as far as I ever go. And rings out with a clear tone up high.

I find his C neck shape very comfortable, but I'm not a fan of the typical V neck shape due to hand size and configuration ( I can't thumb over a Ukulele). It is a very easy to play guitar with a tone that is warm with clarity, not overly "bassy" which can happen with cedar/EIR.

The build is exceptional. His guitars are a bargain at his current prices. Does it sound like the same guitar from we know who. My experience seems to be any differences is down to individual guitars rather than who built them.

Anyone got any questions feel free to contact me.
Yamamoto Jumbo 27 - Bashkin Placencia FanFret Cedar/EIR - Leo Posch DS12 Adj/Hormigo - Ovation Legion shallow body - - Taylor 562 GC 12 String - C. Freeborn Alto- Froggy Bottom H12C Adj/EIR- Ryan Nightengale Engelmann/Af. Blackwood - Kostal MD

Last edited by Racerbob; 02-15-2021 at 04:50 PM.