View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
Jeb,

I have a similarly shaped (f-holes) guitar that I recently purchased. I'll have an occasional need to amplify mine, and I think I've decided to go with a DPA 4099. Here's an old thread that I started here on the forum when I was trying to identify this mic:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=215464

That, of course, is Julian Lage in the photo with his '34 L-5. If it's good enough for him to play live, it's certainly good enough for me! Another plus is that it requires zero modifications to the guitar, and can be removed any time with no trace that it was ever mounted. I don't know about you, but that's important to me.

Best of luck!

By the way, I sent you a PM over on the Collings Forum.
I agree there is no way I'd ever modify my AT 16 that's why I was checking out the K&K Meridian mic. I emailed K&k yesterday about its suitability for use in a live venue. I got a reply from them today and they said that they could not guarantee that I would not have feedback issues with the Meridian.

So thanks for the heads up on the DPA 4099 it looks to be just what I need and I would also be able to use it on my flattops!

Jeb