View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
OK my Martin 15 has a Fishman Matrix VT Enhanced pickup system, which isn't bad, but I would like to upgrade it to something better. The Enhance transducer adds body sounds but it also makes the overall sound of the guitar too bright for my tastes.

Since its already got the Matrix undersaddle and the Enhanced transducer, what would be the easiest upgrade? I would love to just replace the enhance transducer with a microphone like the one that comes with the Anthem, but I don't think it's possible to mix an Anthem mic with the Matrix undersaddle pickup. So is there any way I can add a Fishman mic to this system and reuse the existing connections and battery compartment? Maybe I could disconnect and remove the Enhance transducer and connect a Fishman mic instead?

or....

leave everything inside the guitar alone and add an external pedal to improve the sound? I know the Tonedexter works well with the Matrix, but if I went that route, should I disconnect the enhance transducer?
Leave the Enhance transducer where it is and just dial its signal out with your onboard control. Get a Fishman Aura Pedal or a ToneDexter and route your Martin's Matrix's output through one of these devices with an appropriate Aura Image or ToneDexter WaveMap. Then, if you want, just for kicks, try dialing-in a minimal amount of the Enhance transducer just to hear what the total blend sounds like.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 04-10-2020 at 09:38 AM.