View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 03:35 PM

Default Another furry friend’s passing

On October 12th our Shepherd Lupa passed away at 9 1/2 years of age. She was a good pack member to all (myself, wife, two adult children, two other dogs, and two cats). She was very regal in her bearing, always proper and formal in manner and deed.

She was from working dog blood lines (Czech Boarder Patrol) and we trained together for Sporting Dog Competitions (tracking, obedience, and protection work), but she loved chasing a ball the most. She was fierce and bold, yet always loyal and loving to her family.

She had been fighting various illnesses over the past couple of years, which cost her a toe. We affectionately called her “Lupa Three Toes” as her rear paw left a distinct print in the snow. She had been off her food for the past couple of months, but blood work showed no obvious issues. When her breathing got irregular, X-rays showed major tumours in her lungs.

Never once did she complain about her problems, just wanting to be with us. This is not the first animal we have had to put to sleep. She was the hardest for me, as I was away travelling at the time of her passing; never getting to say a final goodbye.

Here are my last words for her -

“You are a good friend and companion and always kept true. Time to stand down, now it’s our turn to watch over you. You’ll be missed dear friend, but never forgotten. RIP Lupa”

Thanks for reading.

2018 Michaud OO-R
2012 Webber Dreadnaught *SOLD*
2010 Eastman E20OM
1994 Guild D30
1979 Yamaha FG375S (retired)
1974 Norman B30 (retired)