Thread: Lap Cat 2
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 PM

Know what? When you search for 'live edge acoustic guitar' you get a lot of pictures of that guy in U2, not very helpful Mr Google.

More or less made up about four sets of oak back and sides. One is a three piece back. I want to do a live edge between the sides and the middle piece. Now the easy thing would be to cut the live edge straight to mate up with the middle piece. But trees are not known for keeping their lines perfectly straight and cutting the live edge would result in an edge that is wider at the ends and narrow in the middle.

Now if I cut the middle piece in an arc to match the curve of the live edge I think it might look better. Or maybe I am being too artsy fartsy about it (oh, lets do some wild sweeping arches with glitter and... ..well you get the idea). Would be harder to do, need to hold the two pieces down and run a router between the edges while following a guide with the right curve.

See what I mean, artsy fartsy. So have I really gone off the bend this time? Anyone?