View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 12:33 PM

Early this year I was able to get two Warm Audio WA-84 SDC condenser mics at a good price after selling some stuff to raise funds. That's what I'm using now. Spaced pair over the 12th fret area and bridge area. They seem to have a nice sound. Not too brittle or toppy.

I'll sometimes just use the 12th fret mic, particularly when the guitar is part of a mix. I keep thinking someday to setup a MidSid rig just to see what that world's like.

My iRig Stage soundhole clip-in is technically a mic too. I use it when I need to record in my "Studio B" (small bedroom converted to office). It's a little compressed and "in your face" sound-wise, but for some things that's actually a benefit. And it's much better at isolating from room sound issues I think. The main draw back is that it's a demon for picking up pick noise.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....