View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 06:51 AM

Default NGD: PRS McCarty 594

The FedEx truck dropped this off yesterday. After owning over 150 guitars covering a 50 year period I'm not often amazed. But this thing is WOW! Best way to describe it is PERFECTION.

I've mainly owned Gibson SG's and Les Paul's. The 594 seems to combine the best features of both without the negatives. It also combines the best of old school guitar building with the best of new technology.

Quality control is amazing. To be honest I haven't been happy with some of my recent purchases from other manufacturers. This is the only guitar I've bought in recent memory that can go from the box to the stage without doing anything. Normally new guitars go to my tech in Nashville before I can use them.

The neck fits my hand perfectly. Sustain is great. Weight is 7 lb 10 oz. Case is heavy but that's probably a good thing. I plugged in to my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV and it sounds great. Great note definition even on the drive channel.

I didn't think I'd use the coil taps as I haven't liked the tone in other guitars I've owned. These however sound great. I have a wide array of tones at my disposal.

The Phase III tuners get the guitar precisely in tune (I use a strobe tuner) and stay in tune.

Even though this guitar is fairly pricey it's worth every penny IMO. That's probably why it took me so long to find one for sale.

ETA: This is my second PRS. I bought my first one in 1987. Although it was okay, this one feels like it was made for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 254364-front-xlarge.jpg (27.5 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by KY000; 06-13-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: more info