View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Get off my lawn kid

One more comment, writing is like selling insurance. Volume is the way to go imo. Sometimes you'll fall on your face, other times you'll have something good.

From my point of view, I'd rather write 50 tunes and have a few people like 3 of them, than to write 2 tunes and have no one like them.

Rejection is something we all have to deal with as composers and musicians, whether professional or amateur (like me) and getting ideas down and "out the door" is a process that has to be practiced.

I think it's better not to "fall in love" with your own compositions. By that I mean not to over work them and worry about every little thing. Being a perfectionist has its place, and there are some things that should prevent a tune to be put up for public consumption until it is tweaked, but that has more to do with recording quality than the actual composition.

As an amatuer, I'm not looking to put perfection out there every time, what I compose I do for my own entertainment and it sort of haunts me if I don't get something out of my system. Composing, recording, editing is all part of the fun of playing guitar for me and I'm not looking to make any $ from this so consider all of my comments with that knowledge. (Plus I write instrumentals which 99% of the general public don't care for anyway )

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: