View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrummerLovin View Post
Whats up everyone, thanks for being so helpful and encouraging to a newbie like me. I got a question for if you all don't mind.

After playing for a while I want to record my music, just to put on places like here or for myself to listen to and learn from. I am going to be spending some money on my recording set up as I think I will be a lot happier when I start recording music and listening to it, so I was looking at some of the Neumann microphones. I have read online that they make some of the best microphones for home recording, but I wanted to ask what peoples experience here is with them.

The ones I am eyeing are the U87, U47, KM140, or the KM84. They all seem to be up there in price, so I want to make sure my money is spent wisely and that I am not buying something expensive that I don't need. If anyone can chime in with experience with these mics or suggestions for something better I would be very appreciative.
You might post what type of recording you are interested in doing i.e. solo acoustic guitar ----guitar/vocal ---additional instruments ---room treatment --etc. etc. As well as post what equipment you might already have
and a preliminary guess at total budget range.

As has been suggested the mic/s is only part of the $ equation, then there are preamp/s --interface/converters ---- interface w/pre's ----- monitor speakers/headphones - --computer, DAW, mic stands, cables, for starters .
With so little information it is hard to give really great answers or advice.
Give some more detailed info and you will get much better, useful, targeted and efficient , answers.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4