View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsas View Post
... he seems to be saying that the Zeo's purchase inherently wasn't worth making because instruments made in China aren't worth what he paid for it, presumably because they're not high enough quality....

I'm in the camp of the friend being flat-out wrong. And that's not just because I own and enjoy an Eastman. I just don't think it's possible to make broad generalizations like that about what an instrument is "worth" or its quality based on where it was made. .....
And you're allowed your opinion as well - even though it is made from complete supposition (see highlighted words, yours not mine). It is all completely pointless because - it doesn't matter. If I think Mercedes is complete German manufactured junk (I do not), it matters not what anyone else's opinion of that product is. This isn't a "help me decide what to buy, I like Eastman guitars and my friend says their junk." This is a, my friend says my Eastman is Asian junk....(paraphrased) so no amount of bashing or supporting is going to impress or change the "friend's" thoughts. Or change Zeo's appreciation or enjoyment of his/her instrument.