View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

I'm very late to this thread. I'd have said amber. I have an older X7 in amber and an X20 in red and the amber just looks a little bit more like I'm used to a guitar looking, which is probably why I prefer it. The green and blue I'm a lot less fond of for some reason, but that's just a personal idea about what a guitar is supposed to look like. I guess amber, black, and red are colors I've seen on wooden guitars a lot. But too, but I rarely like it. Green, I don't think I've ever seen.

But the good news is, it doesn't matter, because you'll almost never see it!

As pretty as all of the Emerald colors look in their glamour shots done with all manner of bright studio lighting, in the real world, unless you play in pretty bright sunlight a lot, you just don't see the color in these guitars much at all. Which I don't mind at all with the full carbon guitars. But I also have a woody and it's the same way and that's a stone drag. I have to throw a LOT of light at it to see how pretty it is. Mine's cocobolo which is a pretty dark veneer to begin with - maybe a lighter veneer would show up more easily in varying light.

That's the ONLY thing I've been even remotely disappointed about with these guitars and it's not exactly a cryin' time sort of thing - it just is.

-Ray