View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12 View Post
Wow, the 5i sounds good to me! I really like a guitar with a deep low end (sorely missing from my Martin 000 at the moment) so that sounds like it could be right up my street!
Thanks for the reviews of the 5i. Although the 7i has the high-gloss body, I would think it must be equivalent. Having said this, I wonder if the bracing/voice of the 7i is different/better? Anybody know? Depending on the difference in cost, surely there's something different about the 7i than just a gloss finish.

Like speed12 with his Martin 000, my Taylor 814c also suffers from a lack of deep low end. The Taylor GA body is known to be a little weak on the bass. To overcome it, I began using Elixir PB light/mediums. That helped the bass to where I was content with the sound. Now, since I got my Cargo, the low end is even a little deeper/clearer than my Taylor -- and the body on it is even smaller than an x12 -- go figure! Because I like the Cargo so much on so many levels, I have a sneaking suspicion that the 7i could be spectacular! I have GAS!