Thread: Yamaha LL-45
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Those LL-45s seem to command a pretty good price on the used market.

While looking I came across this LL-55. Holy expensive Batman. Must be the Brazilian rosewood...

https://reverb.com/item/38181201-yam...iABEgLzK_D_BwE

They didn’t make tons of them, their built by one luthier, the wood like you mention and this is an exceptional guitar

This is from a thread I posted in earlier

to bring it back from the dead

My dad bought a yamaha ll-45 in 1988 and was all he had for a few decades, he has bought a martin and two bill tippin crescendos since then, still owns all these. He says the ll-45 is on par with martins hes played in the $4k price range.

He has been letting me borrow it for almost a year now as a few years ago or so he has not been playing it as the second cresendo he had made to his specs gets most the play time. So quality wise it took a step up to that level for him to not play the yamaha as much.

The martin is a 000-28EC so its a different guitar than the others and plays differently and cant be replaced unless you get something dimensionally similar, so it wasnt a choice directly between the two in that way. My guitar is an alverez blues 51e and its a smaller, slimmer body 12 fret. the yamaha is worlds better but i like my guitar and i still play it mainly due to it being dimensionally different along with a smaller size being my preference.

I love the guitar, hell of a step up from my alverez.

I prefer playing the LL-45 to my friends mid/late 70's martin D-28
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message