View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Default 2nd Times the Charm...New Taylor 517 Day

I guess the second time is the charm for me and Taylor. My first 717 had a mishap in shipping with the case, and it was damaged. My second 717 turned out to be the best guitar I've ever played. Well, my 517 had a finish issue, which actually started to chip the day before I send it back to Taylor. They took care of me and sent me a replacement. It's ironic that both my 717 and 517 took 2 tries to get right.

The first 517 I had was nice, but this one is very light, and noticeably lighter than my first one. It is resonant, and just as loud as my 717 that I rave about. Honestly, the only different in sound between this and my 717 is the difference between rosewood and mahogany. I pretty much made up my mind that I was going to sell the replacement 517 as soon as I got it for financial reasons, but this 517 is just as special as my 717, so I will keep it for a little while.

The kicker is that I put Santa Cruz strings and a bone saddle on this one and it just came to life. I can't believe how much different these guitars sound to me once you get the Elixirs off. It's crazy.

Also put satin black Taylor tuners on it. I like them better on this guitar!

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

Last edited by Shades of Blue; 08-12-2019 at 06:22 AM.