View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
Hi Skip,

Great to hear the new Yamaha Mixer Is working well for you. I used to have a pair of Behringer condensers (I believe they were the C-2) and they worked great on acoustic guitar!

Since you're running Windows, if you're ever looking to try a new DAW I recently found that Sonar is now free! It's now reverted to it's original name Cakewalk due to a company buyout but the software appears to be the same: https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

I loved that DAW back in the day and did a ton of project on it. The workflow and plugins it comes with are crazy!

Also, if you're new to the recording world, here are some articles on the topic you may find useful:

Recording Acoustic Guitar
Acoustic Guitar Recording Techniques of the Pros
10 Microphone Placement Techniques for Acoustic Guitar

Hope these help and best of luck with your recordings! I look forward to hearing them soon
Thanks!! I did download Cakewalk sometime last year when I found out it was available for free but never got into it. I have a friend who has used it for years and swears by it but I'll probably stick to Reaper as I just started learning it and it seems completely adequate for the simple things I'm doing.