View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 01:43 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
The BRW looks so rich. I'll bet it sounds the same. Have you decided on the binding/purfling scheme on this one yet?

I think your crossover is one of the most unique in the industry. Having acquired one, I know how awesome they sound in addition to the awesome looks. And this one has the Cedar from your stash that I love so much. I hope you find a suitable home for this one. They are gonna' love it!
Thank Cigarfan,

The BRW Josie is getting black ebony binding. The fretboard, headplate, and bridge are going to be Brazilian. The cedar top is getting abalone purfling. This guitar will fall right between the all wood Bloodwood trimmed Josie and the abalone everywhere Josie. A bling poll would be interesting. I find us folks here on AGF say we like all natural wood guitars more often but, abalone guitars get more hits. Go figure!

I'm glad your crossover is working well for you. That dark cedar really does sing. It was taken from standing old growth deadwood which is why it is so dark and streaked. I got one to try and when I heard it I immediately ordered more for stock.

Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright