View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Arguably it takes a while and VI synths still are bit mind boggling for me.
But after a while at least for the more basic and often used plugins (eq, comps, reverbs, delays, etc) the basic overall concepts and features will start gel and to make sence, and become less intimidating.
Same is true with hardware, in the first 4 or 5 years or so I was recording the hardware below would have appeared like hieroglyphics, now it seems fairly simple and straightforward.

Kev your equipment setup here looks very clean, and you have some great equipment in your setup, but for the life of me, I can figure out how that room could sound good with the open framing and the shape of the room. Did you record anything here other than guitars and vocals (other than soft synths). Or did you do a little tuning of the room I can't see, and did the batting/insulation between the room framing, along with what appears to be thick pile rug deaden the room? I ask this because I've thought about converting an unused attic to a recording space, although mine would need some serious re-engineering to make work.