View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 05:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercn View Post
I just unboxed the Boss DR O1S Rhythm Partner yesterday and it's near exactly the right "drum box" for acoustic solo performers. Can't wait to try it at a gig. Loads of options for drums and organic percussion. Highly programmable and hands free options with a Boss double footswitch. One of the best features is being able to program a fade down to off of each rhythm preset by footswitch ; nothing worse than a rhythm / beat just abruptly stopping..... hope to hear from other users and urge soloists to consider it.
Love mine, have been using it (sparingly - don't overdo it - keep the volume back a bit) for about six months at my regular cafe gig. Anyone who says it sounds fake has NOT heard it through a good quality amp or PA. The low percussion sounds, congas/cajon/bass drum, are especially "organic" sounding for lack of better description. I use mine on about 1/3 of the tunes in my 2-hour shows and always get a positive response from listeners, which often include other musicians. As you said, the fade function is great. Unfortunately it does NOT work with "favorites" that you program yourself, only pre-sets but there are many, many of those that can be tweaked. Off to use it this morning in a little while!
Gene