View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
I've got it figured out now, but working in Audition makes more sense to me. I like the editing features in Audition better. It seems to be a much more stable program too.
Gosh...we seem to be throwing the baby out with the bath water Audition may well be the right application for you. It's one of the few I haven't worked with so I'll take everyone's word on. Perhaps it is amore simplistic program and that of course can be an advantage. Still and that said Sonar is by no means and in any Universe unstable.

It appears (and of course appearances can be deceiving on a web form) that you've not yet come to grips with the basics of routing and signal flow. Where with each passing day all DAW's seem to streamline their GUI mixer section no one in the history of DAW's has had a cleaner, clearer routing scheme than Pro Tools. Sonar is the absolute closest to Pro Tools in terms of simplicity in routing I've encountered. Honestly and in the spirit of helping it's virtually impossible to get consistently great audio from a home recording environment while simultaneously ignoring the fundamentals. I'm utterly convinced that armed with a little up-front signal flow expertise Sonar won't present itself to you as unstable

Last edited by Joseph Hanna; 09-13-2016 at 08:01 AM.