View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 07:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
That's great, thanks! I assumed if it was behind me I'd have feedback problems.

I don't want to use much of my savings to buy a monitor but do need something viable to use until I have enough for the AER. I might just get a second-hand Mackie/Behringer personal monitor copy and re-sell it once I have the AER.
Again, I'd recommend a Fishman Mini as an interim purchase. It will cover the same jobs as the Compact 60 and sound better than the FX150. I gigged with a Mini before I bought my AER. I like the AER better but I never hated using the Mini. It punches above it's weight.

After I bought my Compact 60 it was easy to sell my Fishman Mini on eBay. It's a very popular amplifier. You can prolly find a used Mini for cheap. Another advantage of getting a Mini is the legendary Fishman customer service. They have a single flat rate price for all repairs and it's reasonable.

The personal spot monitors on the market leave a lot to be desired in terms of power and sound quality. The Mini sounds better. I couldn't gig in a noisy room with an FX150 but I wouldn't hesitate to do it with a Mini or a Compact 60. I think of the Mini as the budget version of the Compact 60.

Last edited by Al Acuff; 05-24-2018 at 07:44 AM.