View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
It could be the case that Win 7 has updated some of it's drivers since it last worked without pops and crackles.

I would recommend trying that Latencymon program if you can to try to see which driver or class of drivers is causing DPC delays.

You could just try disabling wi-fi since that is a common source of these problems on Windows.
Wifi is not normally connected with this computer - I use a USB dongle, and only plug it in to d/l. I will look at the Latencymon thing to see if it finds anything that Task Manager didn't spy out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
Drivers would be my first thought. Is there crackling if you play back good sound files through the normal windows driver (computer speakers or headphones into the computer's headphone jack), and not through the interface?

If not, then the Focusrite drivers may be the culprit.
I downloaded the Focusrite drivers the day after the problem started. Yesterday I listened to video/audio thoruhg headphones and the built-in soundcard, no crackling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
They have made a few firmware upgrades since the product was released. Now that you have it registered you can try upgrading it to the latest firmware if you weren't able to do that before. I was having routing issues that a firmware update resolved.

It's a shame you are having these problems. I hope you get it sorted out.
I was able to d/l the updated drivers before registering, so that's not the issue.

I appreciate all the suggestions, keep 'em coming. I am tempted to just order another computer (Amazon or Walmart refurbished with SSD) because returning it (if the problem persists) would be easy.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele