View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 12:57 PM

Default Kestrel Report - piece by piece

Playability and sound are the two things I am most concerned about in any instrument, but I will leave the sound off until later. I'll also save the travel, arrival, guitar details and initial reactions for later. For now just playability.

First here is a link to a picture of it in the elements.https://photos.app.goo.gl/V5ncoRe1BAFNaXwR7

Playability - pretty awesome. Not sure what the neck is. I am thinking shallow C. It feels good whatever it is. Nice and solid. With the bridge and truss I can dial in pretty much any height I want on the stings.

The guitar feels great sitting or standing. In someways it feels a little smaller than an X20 (back to front thickness for example) and in some ways it feels bigger (wider bout). I can't slouch (sitting) as much as I can with the X20 or an L1 sized guitar, but it's still comfortable playing while sprawled out on a couch.

The Kestrel strings feel a little narrower up the neck too, but that's not a problem. I am not a fast enough picker for that to be a problem for me.

Let me know what else you want to know. I will get to other topics, but you can lead the discussion.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

Last edited by mot; 12-15-2019 at 01:05 PM.