View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Been considering the purchase of a Bourgeois Om one of my favorite makers, but feeling a bit uneasy about the future resale value if I decide to part with it later. Anyone else nervous about the future value of current USA models once the market gets hit with the Chinese models? From what I have found on the subject and reading the site info these new models will carry the Bourgeois name which concerns me a bit as the current om is not cheap, way over 5k and if new ones are floating around at half that next year may be a tough sell.
All procrastination but concerning and making my decision harder, I never make money on a resell and realize depreciation is reality but makes me nervous. Maybe nothing to worry about.

Jerry what you really have to worry about is that all the boomer men, like you and I, are getting older and aging out of the market. That is what is gonna make re-selling ANY boutique/luthier level guitar ever so much tougher in the years ahead.

The only thing you really need to worry about is a Cascadia Subduction Zone 'quake rocking your...and my...world before we "check outta here" {;-)

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher