View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Listened carefully and I think the Epoxy is less spectacular with the HD-28 than with the previous guitar (Larrivée?).

Luckily, the stewmac european distributor seems to have the 5" clamp avaiable again so I ordered one.
Good News On The Clamp!

The only difference I can really hear is that the Martin HD-28 installation has a stronger bass level than the Larrivee C-03 TE. This may be because the Martin is a dreadnought versus the Larrivee's L-body shape? Both guitars are rich in bass content with the Larrivee being just a bit more balanced than the Martin. The Martin will likely need to be attenuated by a preamp by about -3 dB @ 98 Hz for most venues and for recording pickup direct to the computer. I look at the rich bass on both guitars as a positive as I don't have to try to get more bass into the signal, to begin with, because it isn't lacking.

My thoughts on Bass-signal content: Cuki, is it just me or have you also noticed that when bass is lacking in a pickup signal, that even after EQing in a goodly amount of bass with a preamp to compensate for the lack of bass, it just doesn't sound as full and distinct as having a strong bass content in the signal to begin with?
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 01-29-2022 at 11:15 AM.