View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 04:02 PM

Hey,

Having recieved my custom Boucher OM just this past July, I thought I'd give my two cents... They are great guitars.. I had the chance to play quite a few Boucher's (around 15) before my order and they were all made in the last 5 years or so. They were consistently impressive.

Tonally, I feel that they sit somewhere between the traditional and modern camps. From what I know their construction is modelled after vintage Martin's and its certainly reflected in the sound but Boucher's have an overtone content that is highly reinicent of more modern Guitars that I've played. Certainly not as much as most Goodalls I've played but a nice balance I feel. I very much like it.

Aesthetically, fit and finish is fantastic and is at least on par if not better than small shop American builders like SCGCs, Collings, Bourgeois, H&Ds, etc. that I've seen. I don't mind the headstock design but I know they offer a square headstock as an option (not sure if this is an upcharge or not... I think it's on the website). If you would like photos of my exact guitar, I have a link to my build thread in my signature that you're welcome to check out ~ Hahaha!

All in all, fantastic guitars but highly underrated IMHO.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

P.S. I love your demo videos and get excited everytime you post a new video... Appreciate em a lot! Keep em coming! Haha