View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 07:05 PM
Charter Member

#3-ish. Got the first one because of the environmental stability... found out I like the tone. Really, I was hoping it would be... OK. Yeah, so much more than that.

I have never bought a wood guitar with the hope that it would sound better with time. Will my carbon fiber guitars sound better with age? Well, even though I like the tone of each, I have experimented with strings... and some certainly make my fingers and ears happier than others. So, yes, an improvement. For full disclosure, I've done the same with my wood guitars.

I also think the more playing time we give a guitar, the more we become comfortable... to the point that becomes the "standard bearer." I try to give all my guitars some playing time, but... favorites.

When I first started looking for a carbon fiber guitar, there were a couple guitar stores I visited that had never heard of such a thing. When i described carbon fiber, one tried to sell me a black Martin: "It's a laminate, so pretty much the same thing." Yes, really.