View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 02:38 PM

I've had both, and talking about the tuner in the Venue as a positive is really off base because it's really not a very good tuner. Because of the tuner I unloaded mine in a few weeks!!! And having to use AC power to get the high headroom of the Alix to me is more than worth it. Because sound-wise, to my ears, the Alix is superior to the Venue all across the board and especially when hit with a hard input signal as in strumming. I've yet to hear one person say they had buyers remorse over purchasing an Alix or a Felix, they just sound great! And although the Alix has only one parametric EQ (with two ranges), it's full parametric with a Q control, and the notch control can be set as a true notch or a HP filter. Along with that, you can change the center frequencies of of the LF control with an internal dip switch! I have been the biggest supporter of multiple band Parametric EQ's as I love the Empress ParaEQ but I haven't found something the Alix couldn't cope with. And as Doug said above, the Alix has select-able input impedance, and I've found that different pickups do sound different depending on the load they see! The Alix is a powerful all analog pre-amp, and in my opinion the Venue, although a decent rig, is not in the same league.