View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 04:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDaniel View Post
Would love to hear the input of someone listening to someone else play both the gen 2 and gen 3 x7. I can understand the difference to the player but any difference to the listener?
Not much difference out front. The newer X7 sounds slightly fuller, maybe a little warmer, but the volume is pretty much the same. It’s kind of mind boggling because they sound so amazingly different to the player. But I recorded both, played both with a db meter a few feet in front of me, and played both for my wife. Subtle differences in tone, but the volume is almost identical. As it is with the X20, at least the previous version of the X20 - I’ve never played the newer one with the bigger cutout.

Since I’m a home player anymore and I’m generally my own audience, how it sounds to the player is a big deal. But if you’re playing plugged in or playing for other people a lot, rest assured that the previous version of the X7 (before mid 2018) will get the job done.

-Ray