View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 08:17 PM

Default Ryan Gerber Build - RL15.5 - Swiss Moon Spruce | Black Walnut

With this round of photos we have the top bracing being installed in the go-bar deck. I have a photo of the completed top with the bracing fit and finished, but I always feel a bit strange sharing that. Is it the secret sauce? No, not in and of itself. But, it's not my place to show everything going on under the hood. I will say that Ryan employs a symmetrical lattice-esq brace scheme, and the bridge plate looks like Padauk to me.

Here is the closed box.

Ryan has also been busy installing the binding, which again is some really interesting Indian rosewood with beautiful figure. I quite like a dark binding in general, and this stuff lets the Sheoak really shine while itself providing some character. For the keen eye you'll also see a subtle Manzer wedge in the body depth.

Lastly, here we can see the "micro" arm bevel being prepared. Ryan likes for the figure to follow the contour of the guitar body so he cuts pieces and matches them as best he can so that the lines on the figure follow the curves of the lower bout.

Next it's on to the neck. Interesting developments to follow...

Thanks for tuning in! I hope you're all having a great week!

Matt
Kostal Jumbo
Taran Tirga Mhor
Gerber RL15.5

Last edited by Scallywag; 07-08-2021 at 08:25 PM.