View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 08:00 PM

Cool! I like it. I've done a few mods on mine too, more for aesthetic reasons than weight reduction. I agree with you about loving everything about it with the exception of the weight (I've had mine for a little over 3 years). I've flown with it, cruised with it, camped and play it on my couch. Great guitar.

My appointments; finish overhaul, dropped true abalone dots for inlays, Gotoh 510 minis, custom truss rod cover, and a couple magnets inside for a Sageworks support. I also have a gigbag for it for normal use when not flying.

Curious; you didn't say how much weight you were able to drop? I emailed Journey basically telling them that the biggest improvement they could make was to engineer it with less weight. That neck join is where the bulk of the weight is...well there and the neck. I think the guitar could sound better with a more integrated neck joint too but I'm not sure how it could be done. Have you ever noticed on Journey's site that they say the guitar only weighs 4.1 lbs.? LOL, no. No it is almost 6 lbs.

What kind of strings do you like on yours?