View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 AM

great thread........I saw Pierre Bensusan play last year,and I was overjoyed to experience his mastery of the guitar complete with many 'mistakes'........I listen to his Intuite and Vividly albums and they sound so perfectly performed,not a single note off,but with this concert I got to experience his imperfect side and I loved it.........wrong notes,off timing,dead buzzing notes,perhaps even forgotten parts?.........he was clearly improvising throughout the performance and it was rather late once he came onto the stage,but all of these imperfections meant nothing,in fact Im glad I experienced this kind of performance from him,otherwise it would have just been like listening to his perfect recordings.............I would be interested to know how much he pieces together his takes in the studio,because Ive listened quite closely,especially to his last album and it sounds pretty near fluid in one take.