View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

Used the Fretboard Revival Balm on the FB and bridge of my Lowden yesterday. The board was already clean and free from ‘gunge’ - I wipe my FBs and strings regularly, after play and clean them at string-changes, so I never get the unpleasant build-up that others speak about - so I went straight into the application of the balm. Very easy to apply, I put on one coat, left it a couple of hours, put on another coat, left it overnight, and buffed it out this morning.

The result is amazing - smooth and lustrous, the wood almost ‘glows’, but no stickiness whatsoever. Time will tell how well it lasts but, as things stand right now, I’m a believer! Great result, great product!

EDIT 26/2/22: So last night I took the strings off the D-18, used the wire wool to quickly clean the FB, vacuumed up the residue, and treated the board and bridge to two applications of the Fretboard Revival balm. Left it overnight and buffed it out this morning - another fantastic result, looks and feels better than it did when it was brand-new! I love this stuff!

Thanks for a superb product, Tim!

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)

Last edited by JayBee1404; 02-26-2022 at 06:07 AM.