View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 07:25 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
Looking good here Tim. I gave it a challenge - A 1971 Yamaha FG140 that had been stored in an attic for many years. And yes - it took three applications, but that's easy enough to do. Nice result! Many thanks for the fine home cooking - the kitchen must smell nice after brewing a batch!

Rick
Thanks for the feedback Rick. Actually Mary would shoot me if I brewed this up in the house. It does smell nice but I make a real mess when transferring the hot liquid into its respective tins so I have to confine my mess to the shop with LOTS of newspapers spread out to protect the surroundings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekg View Post
The "Balm" worked very well on our '57 00-17 fretboard. The product is easy to work with and performed as advertised. Good stuff and highly recommended.

Those in the know may cringe, but I found another use for the Balm. We have a Martin Dreadnaught Junior with a satin finish neck. It had a few rough spots here and there which were bugging me, so I decided to smooth things up with a bit of fine sandpaper. The rough spots came off nicely, along with the stain of course. I thought, why not try a bit of Balm to see what happens? Turns out to be a complete success, with the Balm perfectly matching the factory stain and leaving behind a really nice satin finish. Maybe another use Tim?

Thanks for providing a useful product!

Lee
Great tip Lee. I had not considered that use for the product. I've used it on my leather work boots and also on Mary's wooden cutting board. All the ingredients are food grade and completely safe but we don't have an USDA approval to prove that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
Hello Tim: Just placed an order via PayPal for a small tin of your magic elixir. I will PM to confirm. Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike,
Your order is on the way. Please let us know how the product works in your application.

Thanks again folks for giving our product a try!