Thread: Octave Pedal
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 09:34 AM

So, I have reviewed the videos of the H9 Bass, POG, SubnUp
Boss OC3 and DigDeep octavers on youtube and read some reviews. I am wondering which will work best with acoustics, adding some bass lines to your songs.

The EHX H9 bass at least with headphones sounded the best to me but you are limited to the “Split Bass” setting from what I can see unless you want a polyphonic response. The OC-3 has nice features and a separate bass out which is very helpful, but the complaint is with the quality of the bass tone itself. I may be able to live with the bass tone issue with the OC3 if I can set the split and have the separate out that the OC 3 offers. I know several people that have used the original and second version of the Boss OC. I want to try them all out but no one around has all of them and the DigDeep ships from Italy.

I am more interested in the bass side of the pedal - the polyphonic octave up on just about all of these does not sound very realistic to me. Maybe someone else has had good experience with simulating a 12 string. I have the HX Stomp and probably need to spend some more time with the Octave/Pitch shifting options.

Davidc