View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 10:15 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default F3 Demo

I just received this yesterday and discovered the following:

1. It doesn't ship with a storage card

2. It doesn't ship with a USB Type C cable

3. It does come with two AA batteries.

4. It comes completely naked. No storage case or even a felt bag. For $350 it should at least come with this and the USB cable.

No big deal. I ordered an extra USB cable, although I have a bunch here somewhere

I also ordered the bluetooth adapter so I can manage the device using my phone. I also bought a small card reader and I'm debating whether I will extract the card or disconnect the entire unit from the mic stand when I want to move the soundfiles to my PC. When I use the unit I have it attached to a tripod adapter that is attached to a mic stand attachment. I might do the card removal thing and leave the Zoom mounted all the time instead of disconnecting the mics and carrying it up and down the stairs to my computer.

There is no gain adjustment on the device because its 32 bit. I had to boost the gain by about 25db in Rx 7 Standard to get the volume up.

Here's a short demo. I clipped out the low rumble area and used the lowest level of noise reduction. It's a new toy and I'm not sure if it really is much better than the H5 for what I do. I've read the preamps are much better. Maybe I'll try out my ribbon mic with it too.

I'm not crazy about the design (cube) with the controls all over the place, but I knew that before I bought it. It is what it is.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: