View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 08:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

Greetings all -- I had posted this one at the end of last month and thought I'd bump it up here again. Being a few years old (though in new condition) I'll be selling this one at my old base price of $5,000 (as opposed to the current $6,500). With both the Holy Grail and La Conner shows postponed/cancelled/who knows, plus now not being able to work until at least May 4th (yikes...), I'm hoping to get this one out the door quick so make an offer! This is probably the best deal on one of my new guitars than you're likely to see again -- drop me a message with any questions or for more details!

A few years back I built a couple of demo guitars to bring down with me to a bluegrass camp where I was giving some lutherie talks. When I got back I put this one up on the shelf and basically dove right into new work. So, time to find it a new home!

It's my Grand Concert model (basically a dreadnought size) with East Indian rosewood back/sides and a sitka spruce. French polish, sound port, canary wood radial purfling, and it's a monster of a guitar. I had hoped to do a fancy photo shoot but luckily I managed to grab a couple of quick shots before having to pack things up and had recorded a couple of demo videos as well...

Someone had requested a little strumming/pick demo after my initial posting, so here's a quick one...

A simple and pretty instrumental (Leo Kottke's "Echoing Gilewitz") that's super fun to hit the dropped D...

And another Kottke arrangment, "Corrina Corrina"...

Thanks for looking and please get in touch!
instagram