View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberkowitz View Post
A number of the responses address common issues that might cause that grounding sound. Another is saddle fit. How tight, and how flat is your saddle and slot? If the saddle isn't making adequate contact, you can have this problem. Lightly sand the saddle so it's a drop in fit -- loose enough that it'll pull out easily, but not so loose that it leans. Some many differ with my protocol, but I've found that having a drop in fit -- one that if you turn the guitar over, the saddle might just fall out, works best for ensuring that the saddle doesn't hang up in the slot. It also prevents binding of the saddle in the slot due to humidity. Confirm that your slot is actually flat. It's quite common on instruments where the slot is cut before gluing down the bridge to get some distortion in the slot. Is it possible that there is some debris in the slot from the installation? That, too, could be the issue. Check the cable hole and make sure there isn't any fur pushing up into the saddle slot, too.
Thanks so much. Sanding the saddle Vis-à-vis your instructions solved the problem. I had had the stock saddle replaced with a bone saddle when I purchased the guitar and it was fitting quite tightly before I corrected the fit.