View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
"No myth propagation necessary"

this was your exact quote... "If you can strum a guitar and lay down a scratch vocal your performance WILL have a much more intimate feel than anything recorded to a rigid rhythm generated from a drum machine"

That's the myth! Is that the case in your situation? Maybe, and if that works for you, great, but a person that knows how to work with a click track can get just as intimate of a performance with or without. If your MO is to not use a click track, well then, that's how you work, and more power to you. But advising others they will get a much more intimate feel from not using one, well that is a point of view not shared by me personally, and MOST (not all) professional producers. And having the click there provides a reference for all subsequent tracks. So that's why I expressed my counter-point.

The particular statement that you just posted about the knitting that is where snarkiness started, and in my opinion, is more that a bit off base, as if a response to you having your opinion countered.

I have made my sole income from playing and recording music for the last 15 years and I can say without a doubt that having in a click in studio scenarios has saved more time, and produced more positive results that I can count.

And your other statement... "As far as a polished over-all performance, I have observed a LOT of live music over my years and I really can't recall any case where the performer needed a click track in their ear to present a good performance." that has nothing to do with the OP's original desire to learn how to multi-track an instrumental performance.

Last edited by rockabilly69; 08-15-2016 at 02:03 PM.