View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmbds View Post
I'd say it's easier to put them on than removing, sort of what happens with the action usually being high in a new guitar, it's easier to lower it than raise.

I like them, on the side. Really dislike having dots on the fretboard.

But as many said, it's tradition.

To the OP, sorry about asking this, but as your username suggests, aren't you already used to not having side dots built in the guitar? I mean, I'm also left handed and I'm used to playing without dots, or at least having them, useless, on the other side of the neck
No need to be sorry😉 I’ve only ever played left handed guitars since I bought my first acoustic back in the mid 80’s, so always had dots! This classical, (my first), is a right handed I had to convert, but have only had it for maybe a month or so now, however.... it doesn’t have dots for a righty either. And I’m thinking less and less about them. I do still get tripped up going from 1st position chords up to the 8 th fret.... but less and less each week that passes. Of course I’m occasionally tripping up even in first position as the classical is sooooo different that what I’ve been playing all my life! Even barre chords which are second nature have been tricky on classical for me. So I think it’s just a process of really putting in time on the classical to get used to it.

Jeff