View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

I wanted to take time and say that I had a chance to spend a few hours with Jason and he is a top notch guy, player, and builder. He is one of the upcoming builders that you really have to watch for! The biggest thing for me about Jason is that he is an accomplished player as well. He will build a guitar then play it and then go back to building again to compliment his playing. He knows what he is looking for in a build and that will translate to the consumer because they are players as well!

He also told me that since he is building guitars with Ervin, the only two people you can go to now if you want the current Somogyi voicing is either Ervin or him!

Jason is also very kind to take time out of his personal vacation time to visit with me. I emailed him a few weeks back and he said he'd be in my area for vacation and we were able to meet New Years eve. But what a joy it was to meet him. He was able to listen to me play and was able to play my guitars as well. He said one thing after playing my "go-to" guitar. he played, let the notes die out, then he paused and said, "I get it".

Its hard to find someone who gets your playing style and gets it. Its even harder to find a builder who gets it as well. And its even harder to find someone who gets it and builds for/with Somogyi. Jason seems to be that man!

Michael, congrats on your build and thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with me via pm. I am still talking with Jason and hope to decide soon whether or not to take the plunge!

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D